The big motivation by PURDUE ATHLETICS on Exposure
• A four-star player by ESPN.com, Williams committed to the Boilermakers on July 6.
• Chose Purdue over offers from Michigan State, Illinois, Xavier, UNLV and DePaul.
• One of his role models is former Purdue great Caleb Swanigan
, who was built similarly.
• Averaged 20 points, 21 rebounds and three blocks per game as a senior.
• Led team to the 2018 district championship.
• Was a finalist for Michigan's Mr. Basketball and was named first-team All-State.
• Surpassed 1,000 career points at Henry Ford in Feb. 2018.
• Averaged 22 points and 25 rebounds per game at Henry Ford Academy in Detroit as a junior. Lived in Chicago and attended Mt. Carmel High School, but moved to Detroit following an uncle's death in 2015.
• Was named the Michigan Metro Athletic Conference Player of the Year as a junior.
• Fractured a foot in the first game of the state tournament, hampering his summer production.
• Averaged 7.8 points and 8.6 rebounds in just 11.4 minutes per game for The Family in Nike EYBL play last summer, while still recovering from his injury.
• Was invited to the prestigious NBPA Top 100 Camp last June.
• A tremendous passer and has great footwork for a player his size. Should take off once he arrives at Purdue with its top-notch strength and conditioning plan.
• Named Team MVP three times and won the Leadership Award twice and Mr. Metro once.
• Head coach Joseph Hines said, "We believe in Trevion and know that he will thrive in an environment that is intentional to develop him holistically in academics, basketball and socially. Trey is a special person, and the college coaches and recruiters realized that."
• AAU assistant coach Mike Faletti said, ""Tre made a great choice because Purdue makes developing strong post players such a priority. He's also going to have a strength and conditioning coach there who will maximize his potential."
• Chose Purdue to "have the opportunity to do something special and during his visits, was convinced that Purdue would allow him to see him achieve his dreams."
• Head coach was Joseph Hines.
• Undecided major but has a career goal to be a youth counselor.
• Born Sept. 16, 2000, in Chicago.
• Son of Shawndra Lewis and Theodore Williams.
• Enjoys singing.